Our journey to transforming our memory powerhouse starts with how well we choose to rekindle its fire. Besides physical fitness, balanced diet, and enough sleep which help in creating the necessary neurons, it also requires mental exercises to help the new neurons generated everyday to functional connections into the existing network. This increase the memory, concentration, reflexes, reactions and the total overall confidence. Below is how to get your neurons work at optimum:
- Broadening your attention span by learning to block out over stimulation using neurotics. The novelty of the general behavior generates considerable neural connectivity pattern modifications when repeated.
- Triggering your senses is another way to get the old hamster upstairs running. Traveling is one way known for alerting our senses, by traveling to new places, our attention shift to remembering the various scenery we experienced and other facilities we had such as delicacies we enjoyed, diverse culture among many other features.
- Embrace the power of words. Nothing beats the old fashioned reading, pictures, still or moving causes our brains to relax and remove any tiredness or anxiety it may have. One can also engage in games like scrabble, Sudoku or code words that will help keep the brains thinking positively.
- Getting rid of your goldfish memory. Learning an instrument or learning a new sport will keep our brains busy and will trigger the neurons to optimal capacity. Instruments and sports teach our minds to improve hand-eye coordination by reducing the lapse in time between thought and action.
- Develop visual-spatial skills. this is the ability for one to make a detailed construction of the world around you. To start this, try and develop a habit of memorizing at least five things when you entire a room. You could even make it about what attire your workmates wore in the day.